There are a couple different ways to transfer calls using the Bria enterprise desktop app. The blind transfer method allows you to transfer a call directly to another extension or telephone number without notifying the person you are forwarding the call to. The announced transfer method allows you to check if the recipient is available before transferring the caller over. One variation of the blind transfer method is to transfer a caller directly to a coworkers voicemail. Directions for each option are outlined below:
This feature will send the calling party to the target extension without notice.
1. With a caller on the line, click on the transfer button on the phone (a). The call is placed on hold once the transfer button is clicked.
Transfer button =
2. Enter the extension or external phone number that you wish to transfer the call to (b).
3. Click the "Transfer Now" button (c).
Blind Transfer Steps 1-3
This feature Transfers the call; however, it allows you to announce the party to be transferred to the target extension.
1) With a caller on the line, click on the transfer button on the phone (a). The call is placed on hold once the transfer button is clicked.
Transfer button =
2) Enter the extension or dial the external number of the user to whom you are transferring the call (b). Then click the dropdown arrow next to "Transfer Now" (c) and click on "Call First" (d).
3) Wait until they answer and then tell them who it is. When they have accepted the call press the “Transfer Now” button (e).
4) If the person you are transferring to does not want to take the call or is not available, you can get the calling party back by pressing the "X" button located on the lower current calls box.
Announced Transfer Steps 1-3
Transfer Directly to Voicemail:
This feature allows you transfer a call directly to your co-workers voicemail without ringing their extension. This is good for times when you know that they are unavailable or on the phone.
1) Follow the steps of a blind transfer, but instead of entering your coworker's extension you will enter *9 followed by the Extension number assigned to you co-worker, then click "transfer now."
( *9 + extension number i.e. *9101)